After decades of toying with neoprene O’Neill has made a new breakthrough with the Psycho 3, the latest wetsuit in the Psycho series. The Psycho 3 is equipped with TechnoButter 2, which sounds like something you might get covered in at a rave. It’s not.
O’Neill brags that this is “the most durable, lightweight, quick-drying neoprene on the market.” The extra-thick layering in the chest (a.k.a Firewall) and the double-welded seams keep you extra warm and extra loose.
A 4/3mm thickness is a great year-round option for Santa Cruz, but maybe invest in a hood come winter (so your dome doesn’t freeze). All you need to know is this is the best warmth, weight and mobility you’re going to find.
Here are the specs:
• Double Super Seal Neck
• Double SuperSeam Weld (Watertight Stitchless Technology)
• Technobutter 2 Neoprene
• Technobutter 2-Air Firewall Neoprene
• Super Seal Cuffs
• Krypto Knee Padz
• External Key Pocket with Loop
• Plasma Wrist and Ankle Seals
• Patented Z.E.N. Zip Closure System with Drainhole
• Contortionist Seamless Shoulder
• Strategic Seamless Paddle Zones